South Dakota Walkable Communities
Provided By: South Dakota Department of Health
The South Dakota Department of Health will provide one South Dakota community (or two communities as an inter-community project) with technical assistance (provided by South Dakota State University Landscape Architect Students) in conducting active transportation assessments and providing recommendations for improving the built environment to increase walkability and bike-ability within that community or joint communities.
Communities, led by elected officials and city/tribal leaders, interested in the implementation of healthy community design strategies and integrating physical activity into daily routines through active transportation principles. Applicants are highly encouraged to consider the specific walkability needs and challenges of priority populations when completing the applications.
- Application Deadline: February 4, 2022 at 5:00pm CST
- Tentative Notice of Award: by March 1, 2022
- Project Period: March–May 2022
- Selection: one South Dakota Community (or two communities as an inter-community project)
- Anticipated Award: Technical assistance in conducting active transportation assessments and recommendations for improving the built environment
How to Apply
- Read the full description and application instructions.
- Applications are due via electronic submission to Beth Davis at to be considered for selection.