Who should attend?
- Any adult interested in improving their health
- Adult caregivers
- Those with any health condition that affects your daily living and quality of life, such as:
- Heart disease
- High blood pressure
- Multiple sclerosis
- Chronic pain
- Breathing problems
- Weight concerns
- Emotional conditions
- Early dementia
What are the benefits?
Everyone will gain a deeper understanding for how the workshop can benefit those you care for. Spread the word!
- Increased exercise
- Better symptom management
- Better communication with physicians
- Better general health
- Less health distress
- Less fatigue
- Increased social activities and community involvement
- Identify support systems and new resources
- Fewer days in the hospital
- Fewer outpatient visits
What will I learn?
- Ways to make better choices and improve your health!
- The effects and emotions chronic conditions may have on your lifestyle
- Disease related decision-making
- Goal setting, problem solving, and coping
- Practice activities with group feedback
- How to become more confident
- How to use your mind to manage your symptoms
- How to communicate with friends, family, and providers
- How to deal with anger, depression, and other difficult emotions
- How to design and maintain a healthy eating and exercise plan
- How to manage pain and fatigue
- How to relax and manage stress
- Appropriate use of medications
What does it cost?
Workshops are FREE!
All class materials are provided. You’ll also receive a companion book and CD for the workshop you are attending.
If you would like to make an additional monetary contribution to help support the Better Choices, Better Health® SD program, contact us or request an invoice form from the workshop leaders.