The following policies were developed by the Chronic Disease Partners Model Policy Workgroup. The downloadable policies are evidence-based and may be adapted to fit your specific organization. Please refer to the contact person listed next to each policy for implementation technical assistance.
Enacting a policy alone doesn’t ensure that the policy will be successful. Often, additional steps are needed to implement the policy in a way that can increase the likelihood the policy will achieve its intended outcomes. The CDC Office of the Associate Director for Policy and Strategy developed a policy process guide to assist health partners.
- Cancer Screening Model Policy
- Human Papillomavirus Immunization Model Policy
- All Women Count! Screening Eligibility (breast and cervical cancer screenings for women between the ages of 30-64 that meet income guidelines)
- Updated Consensus Guidelines for Managing Abnormal Cervical Cancer Screening Tests and Cancer Precursors
Chronic Disease Self-Management
- Pre-Diabetes Screening Model Policy
- Diabetes Self-Management Education and Support Model Policy
- Reimbursement Guide for Diabetes Education Services
- Prediabetes Referral Infographic
- National Diabetes Prevention Program Resources for Prospective Organizations
- Healthcare System Model Tobacco-Free Policy Assessment Tool
- Healthcare System Model Tobacco-Free Policy
- Healthcare Systems Strategies for Tobacco Cessation – Model Policy Guidelines
- Treating Tobacco Use and Dependence: 2008 Update – Clinical Practice Guidelines