Cancer Programs Implementation Grants
Provided By: South Dakota Department of Health
The South Dakota Department of Health’s Cancer Programs are pleased to announce the release of the Implementation Grant Request for Applications (RFA). The programs are seeking applications that support the South Dakota Cancer Plan, focus on evidence-based intervention implementation, and promote equitable and accessible cancer prevention, early detection, and cancer survivorship efforts in South Dakota.
Eligible applicants include organizations that have the capacity to implement the required interventions. Eligibility includes, but is not limited to, federally qualified healthcare centers, health plans, healthcare clinics, healthcare systems, cancer treatment centers, healthcare professional organizations, Indian Health Service, non-profits, quality improvement organizations, school-based healthcare clinics, tribal health centers, universities, coalitions, and worksites.
- Application Opened: January 3, 2022
- Application Deadline: March 16, 2022 at 5:00p CT
- Tentative Notice of Award: Week of May 16, 2022
- Project Period: June 1, 2022 – May 31, 2023 (a 2 year project period may be requested)
- Selection: up to three applications will be funded
- Anticipated Award Amount: $25,000 per project period year
How to Apply
- Read the full grant description and application instructions.
- Applications are due via electronic submission to
Staff are available to support potential applicants throughout the application period. Staff can answer questions, brainstorm project ideas, review draft applications, and more. Click here to request assistance.