Save the date!
Annual Chronic Disease Partners Meeting
Bridging Healthcare & CommunityPre-Conference Conference Location Highland Conference Center, Mitchell, SD
MATT LONGJOHN, M.D., M.P.H.
National Health Officer,
VP Community Integrated Health
YMCA of the USA
Matt Longjohn, M.D., M.P.H., is the National Health Officer and the Vice President for Evidence-Based Health Interventions and Community Integrated Health at YMCA of the USA (Y-USA), overseeing a team of experts charged with developing evidence-based solutions and scaling them through the Y’s 900 nonprofit associations and 10,000 program sites.
Ann M. Forburger, MS
Senior Consultant and Community-Clinical Linkages Lead
National Association of Chronic Disease Directors
Ann Forburger has 28 years of experience in public health, specifically in the area of chronic disease prevention and control at the state and national levels. Ms. Forburger is currently a Senior Consultant and Lead for Community-Clinical Linkages with the National Association of Chronic Disease Directors (NACDD) where she leads national efforts to support state health departments in diabetes prevention and control and other chronic diseases.
This conference will…
- Provide examples of creating sustainable, effective linkages between the clinical and community settings to improve access to preventive and chronic care services.
- Help community organizations, public health organizations and clinical providers make linkages and develop partnerships.
- Offer presentations on national and local chronic disease prevention and health promotion efforts as it relates to community clinical linkages.
- Provide an opportunity to network with other Chronic Disease State Partners.
- Provide updates on the Chronic Disease State Plan.
Who should attend:
- Chronic Disease State Partners
- Healthcare Professionals
- Public Health Professionals
- Health Advocacy Staff
- Coalition Members
- Worksite Wellness Staff
- Tribal and Indian Health Partners
Contact Brooke Lusk for more information:Black Hills Special Services
221 S. Central Ave., Suite 33
Pierre, SD 57501
(605) 224-6287 ext 1536
(605) 224-8320 fax
Download the 2016 presentations:
- South Dakota Care Coordination Quarterly Report - March 2016
- 2016 Chronic Disease Partners Meeting
- 2016 State Plan Updates
- Big Squeeze Presentation July 2016
- Getting your Community Coalition “Fired Up” for Change
- Timeline & Resource Guide For Tobacco Policy Change
- Developing Transformational Coalition Leaders
- Has your number been called? Utilizing data to build coalitions.
- Using Needs Assessment and Improvement Planning to Build Healthy Communities
- Reducing the Burden of Cancer in SD
- Keystone Walk Audit
- Utilizing Walk Audits: Burke
- Rapid City Community Walk Audit
- City Of Pierre, A Study on Walkability
- Building a Walkable Community: Sioux Falls
- Evidence-Based Chronic Disease Prevention in South Dakota
- Purposeful Conversations Notes
- Using Self-Management Skills to Improve Quality of Life
Download the 2015 presentations:
- Blue Zones
- Capitalizing on Opportunities for Bridging Across Sectors
- State of the Data
- Building a Culture of Health in America
- Fitness Cards
- The Importance of Visually Representing Data through Maps
- Million Hearts Initiative
- Paving the Way for Healthy Communities through Healthy Food Access
- Improving Access to Healthcare for Disparate Populations
- Diabetes: A Long Road to Value
- Connecting Physical Activity Assessment, Education, and Resources with Healthcare Professionals
- Reaching Priority Populations: How Does the QuitLine Measure Up?
- Team Centered Care Panel
Download the 2014 presentations:
- Keynote Address: Policy and Advocacy as a Public Health Strategy
- Capacity of Cancer Care for American Indian Patients
- Chronic Disease or Chronic Health in South Dakota
- Chronic Disease or Chronic Health in South Dakota Handout
- Chronic Disease or Chronic Health in South Dakota Resources
- Community Health Initiatives in Rural South Dakota
- Connecting Consumers to Health Coverage
- Empowering Public Health to Meaningfully Address Chronic Disease with the Mental Health
- Mental Health Promotion and Prevention Handout
- FluFIT Programs
- Harvest of the Month Handout
- Healthy Employees=Productive Employees Slides
- Worksite Wellness Interventions Worksheet
- State of the Data
Download the 2013 presentations:
- Keynote Address: Chronic Disease and the New Public Health
- Be Active! It's Your Town: Active Transportation
- Chronic Disease Domains Handout
- Chronic Disease State Plan Update
- Creating Healthy Communities through Policy Advocacy
- Health Homes 1
- Health Homes 2
- Health Homes 3
- Health Homes Flow Chart
- It's All About Me - Why Putting Yourself First is Critical to Long-Term Success
- Mission Possible! Building & Sustaining a Healthy Coalition
- Moving from Knowing to Doing Evidence-Based Chronic Disesase Self-Management
- Quality Community Resources
- South Dakota Online Data Query System
- State of the Data
- The Road to Improved Care Through Collaboration
Please obtain permission from the author(s) before using copyrighted materials included in these presentations.