It’s all about making better choices.
Workshop participants have a lot to say about their training. From learning about action planning and eating healthy, to exercise, and identifying their support systems.
Here’s what people had to say:
Accept that the problem may not be solvable now.
My chronic health problems are not going to get better and go away.
Develop action plans.
We are each responsible for our own well-being.
We can feel better by taking small but appropriate steps.
There is always more to learn
on the journey to better health.
When asked what the most helpful things people learned at the workshop were, most people said:
- Problem solving
- Pros and cons
- Decision making
- Set small achievable goals
- Continue exercising and eating healthy
- Support from fellow participants
- Overall knowledge and ideas
- Planning ahead
- Portion control
- Be aware of other people’s problems and exercise patience
- Keep in mind to do exercise and eat healthy
- How to eat fruit and vegetables, read label, exercise
- Self-awareness of own problems, solutions
- Book seems excellent
- Discipline; management
- How to manage our lifestyles