What topics do the sessions cover?
The emphasis is not to teach you more about chronic conditions, but rather to help you learn the skills and tools to better manage those conditions.
Covered are skills such as:
- Using your mind to manage your symptoms
- Communicating with friends, family, and providers
- Dealing with anger, depression, and other difficult emotions
- Designing and maintaining a healthy eating and exercise plan
- Managing pain and fatigue
- Goal setting, problem solving, and coping
- Relaxing and stress management skills
- Appropriate use of medications